Objectives & Certificate
The main objectives of the faculty are:
- To graduate professional in medical laboratory sciences who has good ethics,cooperative with and faithfull to the others, confident, able to develop his knowledge and capabilitis through reading, research and carry- out his duties ie:
- Qualifiedas general techologist in all areas of medical laboratory sciences and specialist in one disciplines.
- Welloriented in the background of basic sciences,general health, education and medical laboratory sciences.
- Capableof making decision and problems solving.
- Suited for supervising and management position in medical laboratory sciences in the future.
- Professional in his conducts and dedicated to his role in health care.
- Eligible to pursue higher postgraduate training.
- Able to apply cognitive strategies and self-directed learning in the dynamic healthcare delivery system.
- Follow the recent and continuous development in medical laboratory scienceses.
- Capable to apply advanced knowledge and skill to the practice of medical laboratory scienceses.
After the successful completion of 8 semesters (168 credit Hours) the student will be awarded Bachelor Science (Honors)of clinical laboratory sciences in one Specialization of :-
- Medical Microbiology.
- Clinical Chemistry.
- Parasitology & Medical Entomology.
- Hematology & Immunohematology.
- Histopathology & Cytology.
What is new in this curriculum?
The new courses of Medical Laboratory Science in this curriculum are:
Introduction of new modules:
- Introduction To Medical Laboratory Sciences.
- Health Services And Ethics Of Laboratory Practice
- Laboratory Management And Quality Concepts.
- Research Methodology.
- Fundamentals Of Pathology .
- Field Training.
- In-Service Training.
- Advance Molecular Biology.
- Advance Immunology.
Method of teaching:
Lectures, Tutorials, Practical Sessions, Assignments, Handouts and self-study&Seminars Self learning and problem solving approach will be introduce gradually.
Method of evaluation:
• Tools will be MCQs &/or best answer &/or short assays, (which is relevant) for assessments of theoretical knowledge
• Practical skills will be assessed by traditional practical &/or objective structural practical exam (OSPE).
• In order to pass the exam student should pass the theoretical part as well as practical part separately.
• Failure in any part means that the student will repeat both.