1) Prepare qualified staff in various areas of public health.
2) Meet the needs of the Sudanese society of scientific personnel in the field of public health.
3) Work to contribute to the solution of health and environmental problems.
4) Dissemination of health awareness and health promotion.
5) Participating in the rehabilitation of health frameworks working in public health areas etc.
6) Provision of scientific advice as a reference in the public health areas.
7) Contribute to lay the foundations, standards and planning in the areas of public health.
8) Work to create partnerships aimed to serve the community and rehabilitation staff college development environment in order to be attractive to students and staff.
9) Emphasize the importance of values, principles and ethics of Sudan and the great principles and professional ethics and principles.
10) prepare students with the knowledge, skills, and characteristics needed to successfully earn the Health Information System.
11) Apply principles of organization and management to human resources and health information services decision making
(5)The general objectives of the curriculum:
Health officer is very important cadres and is responsible for command and control in the public health problems and therefore should be subject to the program qualifies for that program by the end of the program is able to:
1) Knowledge of the foundations of public administration and governance office or field work in the areas of public health.
2) The ability to work through health teams.
3) Diagnose health problems and lay the foundations, plans and strategies to combat it.
4) Monitoring of public health services and evaluation.
5) The ability to conduct health surveys and writing reports and gather the necessary information to do so.
6) leadership of the health and environmental field work in all fields of society through - schools and health survey Comprehensive and make sure the Application of Sanitary specifications where - Monitoring cleaning - and places of foods and beverages.
7) Implementation of laws and regulations and inspection of factories and agricultural projects to ward off the risk caused by them - control Accommodation - participation and planning in the areas of anti-epidemic diseases endemic - slaughterhouses performance and participation in the health inspection of meat and vegetables, seeds of all kinds control.
8) Ensure the application of Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points (HACCP) system in all factories producing foodstuffs to prevent contamination of food and ensure the safety and health risks of food.
9) Cooperation with governmental and popular institutions to improve the health work.
10) The ability to communicate horizontally and vertically with the institutions and the various health facilities.
11) Raise Health Awareness by using the means and methods of health communication available and work to create alternatives.
(6) Curriculum Development Methods:
We've been preparing scientific approach participatory methodology to follow which included:
1. Identify the systems and policies of the Ministry of Health, local and international organizations working in the field of public health.
2. Guided methods of public health Faculties globally, locally and regionally, such as the London School of Health - Faculty of Public Health, University of Khartoum, and Faculty of Public Health AlzaiemAlAzhari University.
3. Own experiences with members of the committee approach.
4. The role of the health officer assigned to work after graduation.
(7)Education Program Strategy:
1. Freedom of preparation curriculum and resources necessary to the program and management of it.
2. Develop curriculum based on the needs of society and global development Problems.
3. The student will be responsible participant in various educational fields and have the program center on the style overall understanding.
4. Build on the methods of teaching and learning effective, sophisticated and modern as well as traditional methods if they need it desperately.
5. Enhance communication skills in the practice of the profession.
6. Interest in the participation and representation of students in different societies.
7. Focus on training in all the skills to implement health officer task in the future
8. Public health evidence based study.
(8) General Feature Of the curriculum:
1. Uses a system of credit hours.
2. The number of hours required (177credit hours for Bachelor honors in 10 semesterswithout pathway for efficiently of the program.
3. The courses are distributed symmetrically and included scientific manner.
4. Practical guide used to learn the basics of public health.
5. Based on training Analysis Finding solution etc.
6. Students should participate in scientific activities and seminars ... etc.
(9) Teaching Methods:
1. The use of modern methods of teaching and getting the message through Power Point, as well as the use of several methods that allows participation, such as:
2. Small group discussion.
3. Case studies.
4. Peer education.
5. Seminars - field training - presentations.
(11) Program Admission: followed the requirements of Ministry of High Education for applied sciences.
(12) Language of Instruction:
Arabic is the languages of instruction also can use English as second language.
(13) Methods of Evaluation:
Evaluation includes the following types:
1. Curriculum Evaluation:
There should be a unit of continuous self-evaluation to check the level of increased performance and output and work on academic reform to follow up on various scientific developments and feedback from external examiners, service providers and graduates.
2. Students Evaluation:
Continuousassessments represent 30 %.
Final exam represent 70 %
These weights mentioned above may vary according to the nature of the structures.
(14) Human Resources:
For the university requirements and basic and assistant sciences we have the College staff and others universities but for the specialized course we will appoint and collaborate with public health faculty’s staff in other universities.